Tuesday, August 24, 2010

ten days in Istanbul over; now time for Vienna

After a three-am taxi ride to the Ataturk International and a stopover in Ljubljana, Slovenia (surrounded by mountains, really one of the most beautiful airports I've ever seen), I am sitting at the airport in Vienna right now, waiting to meet my parents, who should be flying in from Chicago, by way of London, at some point in the next four hours. We will be staying here for several days with my second cousin Jennifer, before going first by boat to Budapest and then by train to Istanbul for some good ol' family vacationing.

My stay in the hostel was fun. A lot aimless wandering, a good deal of sitting around doing nothing and surprisingly little sleep (blame it on the 8 person room and pesky mosquitoes). I even made new friends, some of whom, travelling to far off corners of the world, I'll never see again and some of whom I might just run into when I get back to Istanbul. At some point I'll upload pictures from the last ten days. After two failed attempts, I await an internet connection sturdy enough to do so.

No comments:

Post a Comment